Tuesday 30 October 2007

A beautiful place


Its not all bad where I work. In fact I love the City very much. Here are some of the reasons why:
  • My sister works just round the corner from me so we can meet up for drinks and dinner whenever we're not too busy.
  • All my favourite shops are a mere stroll from my office (Jones The Bootmaker, Space NK, Monsoon, Gap, Links...mmmm......)
  • There are more coffee shops, cafes and restaurants than people.
  • There is no litter or graffiti whatsoever.
  • There is always a new building going up, and big cranes to watch.
  • It is full of street names that tell old stories: Milk Street, Honey Lane, Poultry, Fish Street Hill, Limeburner Lane.
  • I love the architecture so much - both the very ancient and the achingly modern.

Here are some more pictures I took in the sunshine this lunchtime.






3 comments:

  1. Is the first picture Bow Lane? My first job was in Groveland Place (opposite the Library Bar and Marthas...very fond memories!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its Bow Lane - well spotted! There is now a posh chocolate shop next door to a Links and opposite a Jones The Bootmaker - all my basic needs covered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos...and glad you cleverly avoided any potential holes in the pavement where the roadwork signs were.phew!

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.