Thursday 10 January 2008

Clutter

Today has been a restorative day off. It has involved the sofa, several cups of coffee, an encyclopedia of chickens, an omelette and a duvet. My brain, which was full of accrued interest, German accounting rules, currency rates and traded assets, has been slowly decluttering and now has some space for recipes and sewing patterns. Which is exactly how it should be.

Here are the contents of my very cluttered handbag when I got home last night.

  • A book
  • A hairbrush
  • A chequebook
  • My iPod
  • Two letters from school (unread)
  • A party invitation for O (to which I rashly promised she could go to before I looked at the date...)
  • My handmade shopping bag
  • Assorted Cath Kidston small bags for make-up
  • A notebook
  • Woollen gloves
  • My camera
  • A letter G had asked me to post
  • My mum's Eve's Pudding recipe
  • Keys
  • A to do list for my days off on a nasty yellow work post-it note
  • A crumpled tissue
  • My wallet
  • Travel card
  • My new phone, which still makes me jump every time it rings

My head felt about as jumbled as the bag, so I streamlined the contents of the bag this morning as well - and feel much better!

9 comments:

  1. wow, I'd hate to do an inventory of my bag, though judging by how heavy it is right now it certainly needs it.

    I hope you are wonderfully relaxed after your decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling much better after decluttering, I love doing it, its the best feeling in the world.

    I used to a lot around my 18 branches when I was pregnant. My staff used to hate me making my visits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel better when my bag is in order!

    Oh, and thanks for your Cath Kidston mantra on my blog - my parcel, with 3 new tea towels, oven glove, manicure set and sleeping bag(!)arrived yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why no chocolate? Why?
    See what we have started on the tea towel front?Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s- love the fruit bowl fairies so much, they look very happy, perched amongst the strawberries (my strawberry got lots of admiring glances over Christmas, by the way!)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate is kept in my desk at home, and also in my desk at work, so never too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you! I need to grapple with the contents of my bag soon. I was searching in its depths this morning and came up with a tea bag (unused, I hasten to add). Funnily enough, I don't drink tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How come you don't have 4 million old receipts in your bag like I always seem to have?!
    Isn't it great to have a sort out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bag de-trashing...I know what I forgot to add to my to-do list! Thanks for the reminder! Glad you feel better for the de-clutter--it is a great feeling, isn't it?! Happy weeek :o)

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.