Sunday 17 February 2008

I'm going to the forest

Tomorrow morning we're setting off for a forest in North Yorkshire where we are going to stay in one of these log cabins.






I will be taking my half finished quilt with me and stitching in the evenings. I may think that my childhood dream of living the life of Laura Ingalls Wilder in Little House In The Big Woods is finally complete.

.

Other things I will be doing:

  • walking
  • mountain biking
  • enjoyiong the local food. Especially pies.
  • reading
  • enjoying the sunshine
  • looking for treasure
  • not answering my phone

I will see you next week.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you all have a lovely lovely time- but hurry back, my week will drag by very slowly without you! What am I going to do?Work?!xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you have a really lovely time, but I warn you, it's pretty chilly in North Yorkshire today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear of your forest adventures. On your insistance, I've booked an FDF weekend in May, back to Wiltshire (it was the only one available within reasonable distance for the weekend...oh, well!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely a log cabin in the woods, love the idea of treasure hunting with the family.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.