Saturday 18 October 2008

Birthday party checklist


I think I'm ready for O's birthday party tomorrow.
  • party bags packed - tick
  • birthday cake baked (lemon drizzle cake, cut into squares and stacked in a pyramid - I've had very clear instructons) - tick
  • sitting room floor hoovered to get rid of stray bits of cotton - tick
  • birthday girl's dress ironed - tick
  • party games decided upon - tick
  • post party bottle of wine for G and me chilling in fridge - tick
  • six little gingham aprons sewn for the birthday girl and her friends - tick

This last may be the nicest thing I've ever sewn. We are going to cook jam tarts and ice biscuits together, so I thought they all needed some little matching aprons.

And yes, I did trim them with ribbon. Of course I did.

Pattern adapted from the Vintage Apron Pattern in Amy Karol's Bend The Rules Sewing.

11 comments:

  1. what gorgous aprons, how I wish sometimes that I had a daughter sometimes, I wonder if I can come up anything quite as cute for a boy??

    hope you have a fab party and enjoy the post party drinks afterward.

    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party idea! Happy birthday Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous aprons! And happy b-day, O! :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea for a party. Enjoy it! and of course Happy Birthday to O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely aprons,especially the material for the waist bands. Enjoy the baking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are SO beautiful!! The little people are going to have a fabulous time. Enjoy the wine, think you may deserve it
    Happy Birthday wishes to the very lovely O!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope it is a fantastic party, those aprons are adorable, what a great mum you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful aprons. What did you put in your party bags? Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous aprons, what lucky girlies, they're going to have a wonderful party I'm sure.
    Happy Birthday O, have a lovely time.
    Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever lady, what beautiful fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love those aprons they are simply gorgeous. A big Happy Birthday to your 2 treasures. Stop by & visit my blog sometime we would love to show you around.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.