Thursday 14 May 2009

Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow

I have been like the Tango this week.
.
Slow - poorly and lounging on the sofa with a temperature and a box of tissues, I finished knitting my socks in between naps.
.
Slow - still poorly, still on the sofa, and with Cary Grant for company, I made good progress on a tank top for me.
.
Quick - last night the antibiotics kicked in, and I made a much needed, quilted mat, to protect the new hall carpet. It is very simple - some leftover fabrics from my out-of-control pile, sandwiched with two layers of flannel on the back which makes it thick and non-slippy.
.
Quick - spurred on by making a mat in under an hour, and with the sewing machine set up, I decided to make myself a quilt top out of three favourite pieces of Kaffe Fassett fabric. The quilt top is very simple - just two 1 metre pieces of fabric, with 12cm of sashing down both sides to widen the finished quilt. It was inspired by the Six Of One and Half a Dozen of Another quilt in Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. The whole top was done in about half an hour.
.

Slow - I now need to quilt the quilt and finish the tank top. Many more Cary Grant films will be required for this. How much do I love LOVEFiLM!

5 comments:

  1. Sock knitting is the world's greatest sick bed activity.

    I think I need some of your drugs if they give rise to sudden bursts of productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel better soon, dear! {hugs}

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. my, when I am ill I sit on the sofa and feel sorry for myself, I never ever finish a project or 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. Lovely mat, its a shame to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear oh dear. You haven't done it right at all. You haven't watched bad daytime television. You've MADE THINGS. That's not illness in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.