Friday 13 January 2012

Friday afternoon

It is the end of the week and my mind is full.  Full. Of. Stuff.  I feel a little spaced out as I walk to the tube station to pick up O from school.

Everywhere I walk I see patterns.

Diagonal stripes

Stripes

Quilted squares and lines

Flicks

Diamonds

Adder diamonds marking the gutter

Railway tracks at South Woodford

----------

The exercise and the cold sunshine did me good and cleared my mind.  This weekend I shall mostly be reading Dombey & Son, in an effort to fill my mind with Something rather than just Stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Someone else who photographs drainage/manhole covers...(I sometimes worry that I might be a bit strange- now, at least, I know there are two of us!)
    Liked your patterns though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been finishing stuff, in attempt to get rid of the worries about a conversation I need to have but can't quite bring myself to initiate. I really hate the brain churn. It's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was at university a friend and I used to rub drain covers, which attracted a lot of attention - and not always welcome! I remember taking photos of drain covers on my interail travels around northern Europe. It can become addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to an exhibition, at least a decade ago, of collages recreating squares of ground, from wherever the artist's pin fell on the a-z. It was beautiful, and made you look at the world beneath your feet in such a different, appreciative way. Your lovely photographs reminded me of it after all these years. Gosh I wish I could remember the artist's name! (And I wish I could stop saying 'gosh' and get into the 21st century!)

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.