Sunday 15 April 2012

Seen on the ferry

P&O, Calais to Dover

Arriving back at Dover
The White Cliffs of Dover, seen from the ferry
  • A tired Dad making a cosy nest on the floor for his wriggly toddler, out of coats and a beloved blanket.
  • Two teenage French girls tucking into a breakfast feast of ham baguettes, boxes of salad, cheese and crackers, pains au chocolats and Evian water.
  • A middle-aged man with a sun tan, sitting next to the window and working his way steadily through a wordsearch book.
  • An extremely pregnant Dutch lady buying five different bottles of perfune in Duty Free.
  • A rather harassed looking school teacher trying (and failing) to round up a class of Year 7s wearing matching purple hoodies with Ski Trip Austria emblazoned across the back.
  • A woman in pyjamas and a slouchy woolly hat telling everyone how seasick she felt.
  • A grandfather saying to his grandson, "Everything's all right now I've got my Sunday Times."
Waiting to disembark at Dover
Waiting to drive off the ferry and back into England

3 comments:

  1. Great post I love your observations -you'd be great to sit in a cafe with to 'people watch'. Do you do that and speculate about what jobs they do, are they married etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I would be that seasick woman but without the pyjamas and woolly hat.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.