Wednesday 14 August 2013

Focusing in on the detail

I decided it would be nice to do some French-inspired cross stitch.  But on calico, because I don't like aida.  The stitches are tiny.  I have to concentrate very hard indeed.  I would only attempt this sort of foolishness in the University holidays when I have hour after hour free, to sit squinting at calico and deciding where EXACTLY to put my needle in next.

Cross stitch - TINY cross stitch!

I do love holidays.  Full of pointless, small satisfactions like this.

7 comments:

  1. I am more than a bit envious that you are in France, embroidering, and it's warm.

    But i'm happy for YOU that YOU are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I know what you mean about having to squint, I have one that I can hardly see! Hope you are having a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have very good eyesight, it looks lovely - certainly not pointless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous. I'm just about to pack a holiday craft project. I'm torn between a shawl and a basket of granny squares of which there will never ever be enough to make a blanket..............

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much better than aida but I know my eyesight wouldn't be able to cope with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know just what you mean! But my eyes can't take the small stuff nowdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are looking mind blowing thanks for the sharing and just keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.