Monday 31 March 2014

Mothering Sunday

IMG_2761
Early morning in the Olympic Park

In the morning we all went for a swim in the London Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park, which opened to the public earlier this month.  It is one of my favourite buildings from the Olympics, and looks much better now than it did then, because the wings of extra seating have been removed.  It is beautiful inside and out, and I filled my camera with photos.  Cam shrieked when I asked him to take some photos of Graham and me, and we had a little smooch for the camera.

Family reflections in the pool window #london

IMG_2729

IMG_2749

IMG_2751

The children bought me presents (Cam this book, and Olivia a scarf with flamingos on it, inspired by my abiding love of all things flamingo) and made me cards, and Graham bought me daffodils and croissants.  I didn't have to lift a finger all day

In the evening Graham and I popped down to the local pub to listen to some live music and enjoy a pint of beer.

What more could anyone need? Perfect.  

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and so glad to hear you are continuing with the swimming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah splendid, glad they looked after you! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the kiss make you shrink or him grow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the perfect day, beautiful photos, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plunge Pool Design A plunge pool is a small, shallow pool built for the purpose of lounging, wading and cooling off instead of for swimming and exercising.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.